Time is UTC - 5 hours

Title: Bagpiper for Peace
PostPosted: Jan 25, 2006 
Bwana Busker

Blog: View Blog (204)
From the BC archives

I was sitting down at an outdoor cafe enjoying a nice piece of chocolate cake one evening taking a break from busking. There was this really good local muse that had always wanted to try his hand at busking. This bagpiper had just come into town on a mission from God piping across America for peace. The 2 would soon meet.

As I had my coffee, I noticed the local guy and his girlfriend had actually setup and attempting their very first busker song.

All was going smoothly when all of a sudden, the bagpiper came around the corner, set up across from them, and started piping for peace. This really freaked out the would-be busker. He threw down his guitar and ran over to the piper complaining that he was completely drowning them out.

This went on for about 20 minutes as I got a refill on my coffee. I could see this was going nowhere as most pitches were already taken on the 4 block mall.

Well, nothing was resolved and the piper just started piping again as the local guy just pulled his hair out and went back to his girlfriend waiting.

They stormed off in a huff and were never seen busking again. I paid the bill and left a tip for the waitress.

"Never argue with a bagpiper"

Profile Personal album  

Title: Re: Bagpiper for Peace
PostPosted: Aug 12, 2011 
Neo Busker

Bagpiper for Peace huh?
Maybe he should learn "live and let live", that would help.
As a piper myself, I am aware of how loud the pipe is.
This fellow is inconsiderate and ignorant.
Wayneo1

Profile E-mail  

Display:  Sort by  

Time is UTC - 5 hours

Who's Online