Time is UTC - 5 hours

Title: it can only get better from here...
PostPosted: Mar 22, 2011 
Neo Busker

so here i am, 17 and completely homeless. I have my fender starcaster acoustic and a few changes of clothes, a total of five dollars to my name.

I am in a state/city im unfimiliar with, freakishly crime ridden area, I was scared out of my mind. i remember a movie i once saw, cant recall the name about a busker who went from my situation to an accomplished musician. this gave me inspiration and the idea i just may be able to get by with my music.

so i work hard the next day, seering in the texas heat reaching over 100 degrees by noon. i walk to a superstore which has waiting benches, i get kicked out for not having a permit.. i move onto a wal mart, yet again kicked out. i try a coffee shop, yet again kicked out. come to find out san antonio texas is one of the hardest busking locations in the world.

i make a total of three dollars, buying some food on clearence. walking to the bridge i was going to be sleeping under my grocery bag breaks and several of my cans split open, wasting valuable food.

i light a candle, listening to the calming sounds of flowing water. i open up a can of peaches with my pocket knife and all i can say is.. it can only get better from here.

i have come a ways since then, that was almost three weeks ago. i am now looking to travel and busk along the way

Profile E-mail  

Display:  Sort by  

Time is UTC - 5 hours

Who's Online