Time is UTC - 5 hours

Title: BART San Francisco
PostPosted: Nov 29, 2006 
Neo Busker

San Francisco rail system is called the BART.
It is designed to transport passengers, not designed to be used as a performance venue as me and my juggling buddies Sean and Dave found out.
I must admit it was my idea to get off the cold streets and earn some cash playing the carriages I had done it in London. It took me a few days to convince my new friends but finally one cold morning we went underground.,,,,
Some people looked from behind their newspapers and others turned away, but on the whole most were happy to have there routine broken by a young English lad cracking jokes and escaping from a straightjacket. I certainly pulled a few laughs as we pulled into the next station maniacally staring at the newcomers twitching my canvas bonded body. A 3 stop show made $20 or so not bad.
Sean and Dave passed clubs and pulled in dollars and laughs. We’d done a couple of shows each and were feeling rather proud of ourselves when Sean and Dave jumped up for another hit of the wicket.
Full attention was gained and 6 pins were being tossed back and forth down the carriage, “ If one of these hits you watch out ‘cos there is 5 more behind it” Dave announced. A blue haired, handbag clutching, old lady stood up, threw a prunie scowl and walked into the next carriage. “We didn’t leave when you got here” the jugglers shouted.
Three minutes later a voice of base boomed throughout the whole train “The’ll be NO juggling in car 57, I repeat. They’ll be NO jugging on this train!!”
Oz had spoken !!
We were on our knees bowing to the voice.
The people laughed, the people paid.
Exiting the carriage discussing our performing future, maybe next busking on the greyhound, then aeroplanes and cruise ships ahhh cruise ships. we were flanked by two cops and two train security. Then taken aside into a room and talked to.
They were not happy at all but couldn’t do anything as there were no rules about busking on the trains, but unfortunately now there is and what a shame.....

Display:  Sort by  

Time is UTC - 5 hours

Who's Online