Time is UTC - 5 hours

Title: new, new, new.
PostPosted: Aug 9, 2013 
Neo Busker

Hello all. I'm new on here and very new to busking. In fact haven't done it yet. But getting ready. Bout me. I'm 36. Have a wife and two kids. A full time job and live in Ogden UT USA. I play the didgerido and I want to start playing on the street. For fun and the experiience mostly, and a bit of money :bowtie:

I do have a question. I don't know if I should try to put a gig together before I go out. Or just go hit it and see what happens? There's one guy I know who plays the didge on the street and seems to do well. But the didge is pretty unique in my city.

I will have more questions. But that's all for now. Glad to have found this place.

Profile E-mail  

Title: Re: new, new, new.
PostPosted: Aug 11, 2013 
Neo Busker

Nothing's really written in stone.

I'd just go out there and see what they seem to enjoy - then build your show around the results.

Personally, I'd get or write some didge-related stories to tell then end each with a didge performance.

You'll probably triple your intake if the story is good or has a message.

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2013 
Neo Busker

Thank you. And that's a good idea. I was thinking to maybe explaining the history of the didge since its not really known around here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2014 
Neo Busker

El Jefe wrote:
Thank you. And that's a good idea. I was thinking to maybe explaining the history of the didge since its not really known around here.

Its a good idea since I didn't know what was one till I looked it up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2014 
Neo Busker

If I was you, I'd check into the legalities of performing where you intend to. Some make the mistake of just assuming it's ok, doing it, then get in trouble. A quick check with the police dept, city or town hall, will most likely get you the answer you need. My choice would be the police dept., as that's the folks who will ultimately decide if they're going to let you do it or not when they see you. Also, you may need a permit. The one you saw is not the one to ask. JMHO. Best of luck on a full hat! :)

Profile E-mail  

Display:  Sort by  

Time is UTC - 5 hours

Who's Online